Monday, September 20, 2010

What we have... and what we have not!

Have you ever noticed that sometimes you learn to adapt without something that you thought you needed? A few months ago, my kitchen faucet handle bit the dust. It pulled off and the little "locking pin" that is supposed to hold it in place was stripped. Not fixable. It still has a little "stub" that we can turn the water on/off with. At the time that it broke, I didn't have the extra funds to buy a new faucet assembly...so, we left it as-is. Funny thing is, we got used to turning the faucet on/off with the little stub. So much so, that I forgot about replacing the faucet even when I had a few extra bucks to spare. In fact, the kitchen sink is still without a handle.
I guess why I bring this all up is that we get accustomed to what we have. And what we have not... Sometimes when asking a buyer "What do you need in a new home?" they will rattle off a bunch of "wish" items that they hope for. And while this wish-list is nice, it's not always practical. For example, I've never lived in a home with more than one bathroom. (Yes, you read that right! Never!) And while there are times that It would be nice to have a second
bathroom, it is do-able with just one. Now mind you, I have a large family. Between his, mine and ours, there was a time when I had 5 kids in the house and 2 adults. Yet, we managed. It all comes back to what you get used to.
When you're looking to buy a new home. Think about your n
eeds versus your wants and tell your real estate agent BOTH. Sometimes this extra bit of info is all your Realtor will need to find you that perfect home -- a home that is do-able for all your needs!

I appreciate the opportunity to earn your business.
I will listen and find solutions that are important to you!
Please, contact me to tell me about your home buying or selling needs...

Diane Morales
MOVIN' WITH MORALES
Keller Williams Fox-Valley Realty
630.709.9882

Keep on top of the local market, follow me on FaceBook!






No comments: