Friday, September 03, 2010

Should You Choose to Work With A Friend...?

A few times now, I've had someone that I consider to be a good friend "choose" to work with another Realtor. "Don't be offended," they say. Really? How can I not be offended? I take great pride in providing honest, reliable, and professional services to my clients! I know that buying or selling your home is one of the biggest investments & decisions you will ever make. I also understand that sometimes it's not comfortable to share your financial situation with a friend. But answer me this... IF I'm going to extra hard for anyone, wouldn't you think that someone would be my friend? Now don't get me wrong. I don't want to disappoint any client, but I especially don't want to let down a friend.
Yeah, sometimes the truth hurts. Sometimes you don't want to hear what has to be said. I would never steer you with nonfactual information or lead you to believe that your home is worth more than it is. Unfortunately, there are some agents who will say just what you want to hear.
If I needed surgery and my friend was a surgeon, I would definitely trust him/her to operate. Not only would that friend do his homework to provide me with the best care, but he/she would be super careful to make sure that nothing went wrong during the procedure for his/her friend.
It's a decision I wouldn't think twice about. He/She would have my best interest at hand & heart.

How is a good Realtor® like a best friend?

A best friend is loyal to you. A Realtor® is often privy to your sensitive information: financial, emotional, familial. You want someone who puts your interests ahead of his or her own.

Search for Properties Click Here

A best friend helps out during stressful times. Few times are more stressful than buying or selling a home. A Realtor® who can prepare you for and help you through the unexpected turns that often occur can change a frustrating experience into a positive one.

A best friend tells you the truth, even when you may not want to hear it. No, your giant stuffed moose head should not stay in the house during showings, even if your favorite Uncle Joe did bring it back from his camping trip in Starved Rock.

Don't allow friendship to cloud your decision. A true professional can separate business from pleasure ~ and still get the job done for you! When you have a choice to work with either a friend or a stranger, choose your friend. They'll work harder to keep you happy! ;)



Your friend ~ and ~ your Realtor,

Diane Morales
MOVIN' WITH MORALES
Keller Williams Fox Valley Realty
630.709.9882
MovinWithMorales@gmail.com

"Like" me on FaceBook!

No comments: